Friday, February 29, 2008

VISION WITH ZERO CAPITAL

IN 1981 MURTY WANTED TO START INFOSYS. HE HAD A VISION AND ZERO CAPITAL. . . initially I was very apprehensive about Murty getting into business. We did not have any business background . . Moreover we were living a comfortable life in Bombay with a regular pay check and I didn't want to rock the boat. But Murty was passionate about creating good quality software. I decided to support him. Typical of Murty, he just had a dream and no money.

I gave him Rs 10, 000 which
I had saved for a rainy day, without his knowledge and told him, This
is all I have. Take it. I give you three years sabbatical leave. I will take care of the financial needs of our house. You go and chase your dreams without any worry. But you have only three years!


No comments: